Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My poor sick baby

The DAY after Amy's birthday party (which was also the day before Amy's actual birthday), my poor Amy came down with a high fever. It's really no fun to be sick on your birthday, so I was hoping she would have a quick recovery, but the fever was unrelenting. Luckily, we had a a well baby appointment scheduled for the day after her birthday (though, I admit she wasn't exactly well at the time), and the doctor informed us that she had herpengina, (no, not related to herpes, but a variant of hand, foot, and mouth), and had horrible sores all in her mouth and throat. Poor baby. :( It's almost always accompanied by a high fever that last for 5 days (yes, FIVE DAYS OF HIGH FEVER). Anyway, that's an experience that I hope we never have to repeat. I am VERY glad that Lacey did not catch it as well.

Then, a week after the herpengina cleared up, she came down with ANOTHER high fever. It was like marathon sickness month. This one I know was roseola (which Lacey had several months ago), though, because once the fever came down (three days later) she got the tell-tale lacey (not to be confused with Lacey) rash all over her body. It was a really rough few weeks, and here's a video to prove it. This is after the second bout of high fever. She hadn't slept well in two weeks and was very, very tired.






No comments:

Post a Comment