Saturday, November 26, 2011

Moments from my life

I love those moments that you just have to capture on camera. Here's a few from my life that I was lucky lasted long enough to remember forever:

 One day, I decided to see what would happen if I let Lacey go without a nap. At about 4:00 that afternoon, I turned on some Sesame Street for her to watch so that I could close my eyes for a moment. I, of course, fell asleep, and when I woke up, I could hear snoring. She has never ever just crashed like this, so she was obviously very tired, but oh so sweet asleep on the floor. I couldn't resist a photo opportunity.


Another sleepy bug that I just couldn't resist. It was one of those moments when I looked at my baby and just couldn't believe how beautiful she was. We're so lucky to have cameras!


One afternoon when Daddy was home, Lacey decided that she wanted to play pirates. The hat she's wearing is her "pirate" hat, and the chest is her treasure chest. And, if you can't tell, the box is her box, and Daddy is her crew, rowing the boat  to find a place to bury their treasure. It was so cute watching them play, and seeing Lacey's imagination soar.


Can you imagine how delighted I was to find this? The black blobs over her eyes are mascara, and the lines are eye liner. The tube of mascara and the eyeliner pencil, however, had been neatly put back in my make up case. 


I was busy making dinner one night, so Phil was in charge of the girls, and he had a moment of "welcome to your wife's life" when he had to be holding the baby so she wouldn't cry, the 2-year-old wanted to play, and he was trying to get his homework done. Life is crazy. I love it.


My cutie patootie! She's so pretty. She rolled over the other day, too.  And, as of last Wednesday, she was 12 lbs 8 oz. She's my little chubs! I love those cheeks!


Lacey has a very sweet side to her regarding her little sister. Lacey is more of a rough-and-tumble sort of kid rather than a huggy, kissy kid, so I think that she doesn't always show much affection for Amy. Sometimes I think that Lacey just wishes Amy would go away, but then there's moments like this, when she shares her Perry the Platypus doll with her. Lacey loves her Perry, and the fact that she's willing to share him with Amy I think is her way of showing affection for her. She's quick to share her Perry when Amy is upset and Mommy can't pick her up right away. It's really very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment