Monday, April 12, 2010

2 Years

Two years ago on Monday, Phil and I were married for time and all eternity in the Manti, Utah temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It's been a marvelous couple of years, during which time our lives have been blessed with many new opportunities and experiences, most especially that of parenthood.

Phil and I met in October 2004, through a mutual friend (my roommate). Sparing the gorey details, Phil tricked me into going out with him (which he will readily admit to), and we started seeing each other regularly. I suppose you could say that we were officially dating by November. In September 2005, Phil received his mission call to South Africa Cape Town Mission. He served from December 2005 to December 2007, during which time I faithfully (wink wink) waited and finished school. Phil proposed to me on January 22nd, 2008 (1 month and 3 days after returning home from South Africa), and we were married April 12 2008. In September, we discovered we were expecting our first child, born May 2009, named Lacey Marie BoBo (yes, both Bs are capitalized on her birth certificate). And now we're having adventures in parenthood, and what an adventure it is. And there is no one I would rather have them with.

I love you, Phil!

1 comment: