Sunday, July 21, 2013

The rest of June

We were able to do some really fun things in June. One of the things that I've loved about being here has been the awesome public parks. The girls and I went to one that had farm animals that the kids could look at. 




Like the chickens

And the bunnies. Amy really loved the bunnies.


 And the 500 pound pig. This picture doesn't really do justice to how massive this pig is. Or how disgusting. I almost threw up. 


 Also, the puddles were fun to splash in. Way more fun than getting in the car when it was time to go.


We made a family trip to the Seattle Aquarium. It was really cool and lots of fun for all of us.


 You could reach in and touch the star fish, anemones, and other weird sea creatures.

 I'm not sure why they thought that this would be more fun than looking at the fish, but it did happen.

 My sweet baby.


 This is my family standing next to an octopus. Evidently, this view of the octopus is fairly rare (that's what the worker there said). 






 Amy loved the orca fin.


 And here she is pretending to be a sea lion.




After the aquarium, we went for lunch at Ivar's. Phil and I got fish and chips (seems like a must if you visit the waterfront), and the girls, of course, got grilled cheese.  




We had a particularly hot Sunday when we just didn't want to sit around in the hot apartment all day. So we went for a drive to see this waterfall. Snoqualmie Falls, I think. It's a pretty impressive waterfall. Unfortunately, the trail down to the base of the falls is closed this summer due to construction, I think, so we didn't get to take the hike down to cool off. It was very hot where we were.  





No comments:

Post a Comment