Saturday, July 24, 2010

Family Reunions

This week, we had a surprise little family reunion when my grandparents, aunt, and cousin showed up at my apartment unexpectedly (they did try to call first and couldn't reach me, but I'm glad they came by anyway). I was so excited to see them all, and so was Lacey. So, at the risk of making Grandma Welker very jealous, here are a couple pictures.

Here's Lacey with Aunt Sandra (that's Lacey's GREAT Aunt Sandra). It's hard to get that little monkey to sit still for 2 seconds!

And here's Lacey with Great-grandma and -grandpa Simmons. The best part was the hanger that Grandpa is holding. At least, Lacey thought so.

Lacey was SO sad to see our visitors go. But we got to see them again on Saturday for the Simmons family reunion, which happens every July 24th. That's my grandpa and his brothers and sisters, and their kids, and their kids, and their kids, etc.

Lacey and Aunt Lorrie. I was amazed at how long Lacey sat in her lap. She certainly won't sit in MY lap for that long!

And Lacey FINALLY sat in Grandma Simmons's lap long enough to get a picture.

Lacey loved playing with cousin Melissa, especially cousin Melissa's necklace. It was the coolest thing! And, when Lacey wanted crackers, it was to Melissa she went for help getting them out of the package. And I don't blame her, cuz Melissa is one of the sweetest people alive.



Eventually, she found the croquet set that no one was using and started throwing the balls around. I was okay with it until she started throwing them like bowling balls between the tables where everyone was standing. Then it was time for a new game.

Cheers, and happy Pioneer Day!

2 comments:

  1. BoBo Family I'm so glad to finally be hooked up with your blog, it's great to read about what's going on in your life and see lots of pictures. Lacey is such a doll and so full of life! Thanks Aunt Sandra

    ReplyDelete